Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

When Words Haunt...


So, I am currently reading a collection of short stories and most of these stories are at least a century old or more.  And I love the writing and the language and actually find myself having to look up words and terminology from the day.  It's been quite the adventure.  Anyways, I wanted to share one of my favorites passages from one of these shorts.  It's about a storm brewing and the uncertainty behind it.  I hope you find the words as haunting as I did...



"Then would arise the great clamour of the storm,
sweeping, sighing, and groaning in the distance,
as if all the invisible powers were seeking and calling on one another in the darkness,
while living things hid themselves, sitting in corners, in order to escape a fearful meeting with them."

~ Erckmann-Chatrain ~ 
(The White and The Black)



#ReadOn
#CreepOn
#BookNerds4Life



No comments: