Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Monday, July 27, 2015

Train - Drops of Jupiter

I did not pick the song for #MusicMonday this week.  Instead, it picked me.
This song was released in 2001 and the fact that I heard it a hand full of times in the past week makes me realize how the Universe really, really works.

I've been a fan of Drops since the beginning and ever since my Grandma passed in 2008,  I've made it her song.  I know Pat Monahan (lead vocals) wrote this for his mother on her passing - (read the article here)  but it also seemed appropriate for my Gram.  As she aged, my grandmother developed dementia which made a lot of things difficult for her - simple things that we all do every day and take for granted - putting the milk in the fridge, shutting off the sink, folding laundry, recognizing loved ones - all became strange and challenging acts for her.  It made me quite sad.  As a caregiver for her, I helped her get through many days - and even though she didn't always call me by the correct name, she did always remember one thing....dancing.  She knew she loved it, was good at it, and - worst of all - she knew she missed it.  She always spoke about going out and dancing her troubles away and my heart ached for her, knowing she would never jitterbug again.  At least not in this world.  So this song makes me think of her fondly.  I imagine her as she was in her youth - no, better than she was even then - I imagine her now as celestial and free and happy and if nothing else, dancing.

And did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day?





Missing any loved ones out there, Creepsters?
Have they made it to the other side?
Do you still hold a connection with them?

Share below.





No comments: