Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Monday, June 29, 2015

The Only Bug I Like :)


To me, fireflies are really the coolest thing out there.
If you know me personally, you might just know how truly obsessed I am with these bugs.
I think it stems from a bit of awe that even in the darkest of night, they shine.
Maybe it's even a tiny tingle of jealousy that they can produce their own light.
Oh.  The wonder of being a lightning bug.
Of never having to rely on electricity - or if that fails - a candle, a flashlight, a cell phone.

I was fortunate enough to experience a true natural marvel this year, as I traveled to Tennessee to visit the Smoky Mountains.
Here, they are blessed with a specific species of firefly that many travel there to see.  It is known as the Photinus carolinus. 
With the help of my sister, a very kind hotel employee and one amazing tour guide, (oh, and a whole bunch of help from the universe) I was able to experience a true phenomenon.  It was an event that I will always remember and appreciate and love.
So, in honor of all the lightning bugs out there; in honor of nature and of light, the song I pick for #MusicMonday is spot on.




Want to experience the bug?
Visit the Smoky Mountains National Park website and plan your trip for next year.
(Helpful hint:  be diligent with the site next April because tickets for the event go FAST!)


No comments: