Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Monday, June 15, 2015

Sex And Candy



Who's that lounging in my chair?




This song gives me hope.
WTF? you ask.
Let me explain.
If you know anything about me or my writing, or if you follow this blog regularly than you know that I am plagued with nightmares.
Reluctantly, I embrace these bad dreams and give them a life;
A story to live in and own;
A chance to survive outside the night.

About a year ago, I had a dream -
Not a nightmare;
Not a Martin Luther King, Jr. vision;    
An actual dream.
I woke up and felt so grateful and so rested, I could hardly contain my smile.
My husband - who patiently waited for me to reveal some new horror he would rather not know about - looked inquisitively at me.
I could barely form the words.
My dream had involved sex and chocolate chip cookies - not necessarily in that order.
:)
Imagine my surprise;
My excitement;
The relief.
I embraced the hell out of that dream - still do.
(Or should I embrace the Heaven out of that dream?)
Anyways, every time I hear this song, Sex and Candy, I think of that dream and I feel normal.
I think of its possibility;
It's significance;
And I know that somewhere inside of me there's a piece of hope and normality and goodness just waiting to be released;
That some day I might again be so lucky as to escape the nightmares that bind me;
To have another actual dream;
One more brief moment of peace;
A bit more Sex and Candy.

-dpb-



No comments: