Shadows will breathe

Shadows will breathe
"Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness." ~ Dr. Al Robbins

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Safe and Sound

I cried my intentions to the sky.
It laughed with thunder and mocked me with lightning;
It turned the sun into night and rained down blood upon me;

Found image here
And I ran all the way home.
Not because I thought it was safe there ~ because it wasn't ~
not with all of the anger and darkness which wells up within the night ~
but because it had walls and windows.
A door I could lock;
A blind I could close;
A corner I could cower in.
And here I could hide ~
Hide from the blood;
The nightmares;
The fear.

Or so I tell myself.

And still I sit here
With my rosary and my prayer;
With my false hope
and my candle;
I sit and I wait...
Wait for the shadows to come and snuff out my light.
~dpb~


No comments: